A mother plays a very important role in the treatment of diarrhea in a child. This is because they are usually responsible for feeding the child care fields. Also, a child is likely to be more willing to drink and eat when his mother fed him.
It is important for the mother to learn the following:
1. How to prepare and give oral rehydration solution
2. Various types of fluids available at home
3. Detection of early signs or worsening diarrhea and dehydration.
Need to consult a doctor immediately, if any:
- Blood in excrement
- Lots of liquid human waste
- Vomiting repeatedly
- Increased thirst
- Children refuse to drink or eat
- Child limp, difficult to wake up, or unconscious